“What is Blogging? You may came across this word blogging in world of internet! “
What Is Blogging?
Initially, Blogging was started as a way to have the personal weblog online, in which an individual would review about their day. From the word “weblog” the term came as “blog.”
Relatively, most new variations on the Internet, many entrepreneurs saw the potential of marketing with having a blog, and basically, blogging originated from there. Not just a blog can be used for marketing, but also, a blog can be in a home business and of itself.
An overview of what is blogging has been detailed over here, why it’s popular, and some of the tips to start your blog.
Blog Versus Website
Most people get confused about what compounds a blog over a website. The problem is that thousands of businesses use both, coordinating them into a single web presence. But the two features of a blog that set it apart from a traditional website are:
- Blogs are updated frequently. In case of a mommy blog in which a woman shares adventures in parenting, a food blog sharing new recipes, or a business blog providing updates to its services, blogs have new content added several times a week. At intervals, websites might have new information, but for the part which is remarkable, static and rarely changing information is been offered.
- Blogs allow for reader engagement. Usually, Blogs are included in social media because of the ability for readers to comment and have a discussion with the blogger and others who read the blog. Seeing the past, websites consists of guest logs where individuals keep saying they’d visited, but a conversation is only allowed by a blog and it allows a greater interaction too which a traditional website doesn’t.
Why Blogging Is So Popular In 2019?
There are several reasons why entrepreneurs have turned to the blog:
- Search engines cherish new content, and as a result, blogging is a great search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
- Blogging presents a simple way to keep your clients and customers up-to-date on what’s going on, allows them to know about the new deals, and also provide them tips. The more a visitor or a customer comes to your blog, the more securely he/she wants to spend money on it.
- A blog grants you to build trust and rapport with your prospects. Not only you can show off what you know, building your expertise and credibility, but also because people can post comments and interact with you, they can get to know you, and positively, you can buy anything from you as they trust you enough.
- Blogs can make money. Along with your products or services, blogs can generate income from other options, such as advertising and affiliate products.
- Blogging is compact and flexible, making it a great option for people who go on being a lifestyle entrepreneur.
What is the drawback to blogging?
Blogging is most prominent as it entirely works as a marketing tool and makes money. But blogging is not just all rainbows and unicorns in the world of online income. And, before starting a blog as a means to make money or to promote your existing business, an individual should see these potential downsides:
- Blogging requires a great deal of time. Considering blogs to be effective at SEO and appealing readers, it needs to be updated routinely. With abandoned blogs, the Internet is littered that hasn’t been updated in months or even years sometimes. The success in blogging comes only when visitors come to the blog, and they only come when there’s new stuff to read. Which means setting up the latest content at least several times a week, which takes time normally.
- You need ideas to write about. To keep the content coming, an individual should be having ideas to write about. The satisfying news is that he/she doesn’t have to write it all. They can have guest writers or hire freelancers. They are having another option too which is to pastor content from others or do an alternative post, such as using video. Beyond all, they can buy private label right (PLR) content, and design it according to their choice for posting on their blog.
- You need to offer more than blog articles. At once, it was enough to post an article to generate traffic and income. Talking about today, a successful blog needs email marketing, additional perks such as content upgrades, and an engaged social network, such as a Facebook group.
- The payoff isn’t immediate. One of the biggest frustrations with blogging is that it’s time-consuming and in the beginning, there’s a little payoff. Normally, we all know it takes time to build up a readership and momentum.
How to Start a Blog
Relatively, the good news is that starting a blog or adding a blog to your existing site is easy and affordable.
Step One: Setting Up the Blog
There are free blog options too such as WordPress.com and Blogger, but to have control and professional image, looking at investing in a domain name and hosting, and installing WordPress or other content management system on your host. It’s offered by most of the web hosts.
Step Two: Add Content
Once your blog is up and running, you need to keep it active with new content to grow your business. Develop a set schedule for writing and posting blog articles. Create a content calendar so you always know what you’re going to post.
Step Three: Market
Like all other business ideas, your success comes from marketing and approving your target market to know about your blog. If you want to reach your market some of the great ways are through social media, email lists, and embracing out to other bloggers, podcasters, and media outlets for publicity. Reprocess your blog content to promote your business, such as using quotes on Twitter or Instagram, making a video of your article, etc.
Step Four: Add Income Streams.
While your blog can glorify an existing business, it’s a great way too to add additional income streams to your home business. You can easily benefit other companies’ products and services by affiliate marketing. You can offer to advertise or feed ad networks, such as AdSense, on to your blog. If you have a service business you’re promoting with your blog, you can create your information products to compliment it. Or, if you have your product, you can offer a service.
Hopefully, the next update will be more exciting.